A LIVING LOVE

on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The one in a million and a million in one ,forever I want to  be by your side
You’re in a million,show me the way
Guide me through my night


It’s been 656 days since you left.January 5,2012. It was Thursday that time,early in the morning,when I finally woke up by Eta’s voice telling me that your condition was getting critical. I unconsciously woke up and rushed to the ICU. I could not hold my tear,seeing you in a body that did not move,it’s more likely a dead body. But no ! The ventilator still showed that your heart was alive. I touched your hand,did not want to lose the warm-feeling of your hand. I prayed to God to let me spend more time with you because... Because I loved  you more than myself. I called you,no answer. After not more than 1 hour since the doctors pumped your heart,trying their best to help you survive,they finally said to Mom,”Bu,maaf Bapak udah ga ada”.......

I was broken. My mind was distracted. I could say nothing. I did not believe it,so I kept praying,did not know what I said,but I begged God to give me even only one month with you. Nothing’s changed. There were six people around your body including me,and all I heard was heartbreaking voice and tears from my Mom,brother,sisters and my uncle. I cried very hard for I knew it would be really hard to spend my days without you in the future. I touched your hand. It was so warm like usual. All I knew at that time was.... I really was not ready to lose you. After 24 days in the hospital,after those destructed days we spent to cry,after that sweet 28 December 2011 when I saw you smiled at me in the ICU,after the Christmas time we skipped,after the precious moment of new year we spent also in hospital,after those surprised-calling sound from ICU everyday,after that beautiful gaze you gave me when I told you my stories and the Bible chapters,after those tears you cried out when I sang your favorite song,after.... Yes after all the time we spent together,you finally left me in a broken heart.

On the way to bring your body to Kabanjahe to hold the funeral,I kept looking at you,holding your hand,while sometimes cleaned the blood that shed from your nose. It was really hard to be strong when the situation was really bad. It was really hard to look at your silent body. It was really hard to breath without you. You showed me the sweetest smile,can not believe how peaceful your smile at that time remembering you had got so many pains from the surgeries.

Arrived in our beloved church,there were many people who already prepared the room to welcome us. They hugged me,but it was so cold and all I could feel was pain. It was really hard... Yes it was,to look at the church building which had already done after several new constructions that you had dreamt for many times... And it was done but you could not see it.
The following day,let say it was the last day to see your body,more and more people came to show their condolences,which even tore my heart worse. And then came the last moment to truly see you. The reliquary was going to be closed.. I touched your hand,gave you my last kiss on your cheek.... And once again whispered... “I really love you”. Then it was closed by some men. The situation became hysterical because lots of people also cried and wanted to see you for the last time. Thank God it finally finished not more than 1 hour.
...................................................................................................................................................................

“Pudan gimana kencannya tadi? Sukses kan ?-Lagi dimana boru?-Ia ambil lah ke rumah tengkeng Bapak-BPK nya udah Bapak beli untuk pudan ya,lihat di lemari-Udah masuk pulsanya boru?Gbu Juara kan?-Udah Bapak beli BPK nya boru,tenang aja-Oke ntar ya lagi banyak urusan kantor Bapak” and many more...... I re-read our messages and... Smile... But then I cry. Oh how I miss you,Big Daddy. I really do. I miss your voice,your smile,your advice,your overwhelming care,and your love.... I miss the time when we argued about what and where ‘dengkul’ was,and I was so stupid yet still firm to say that dengkul was ankle not knee. Well I realize I was wrong,Dad hahaha. The time when I failed the test of Yasop selection,I cried out loud,then you came,hugged me,rubbed my hair,and prayed for me together with Mom. Your hobby to watch Doraemon,and when I turned the channel to Global TV to watch Spongebob you would stare at me and asked what kind of happiness I got from watching spongebob since you could not enjoy it. You would also smile with me whenever I laughed while I was watching Bukan Empat Mata. You would be so angry to me whenever I still watched some films at midnight,but then when I said the film was so great you would join and even more excited to watch it than me hahahaha. The time when you often protested me for eating BPK too much,but then when I persuaded you to buy me some BPK,well you would give me too. That time when you asked me who my boyfriend was,and you were so excited to hear my story about my friends. That moment when you asked me to hug you and said our ‘yelyel’ : Bapak tengkengku,tian-tiantu ah tu teluk lah dia,ah tuat lah,ah ku cium lah pipinya(kiss kiss kiss)”. Remember when you were so excited to celebrate Mom’s 55 birthday that you woke me up at 2 a.m hahahaha. Then you said,”we are going to do it next year again”....Never will it be,Dad since you left earlier. Remember when you strengthened me whenever I was down and asked me to pray together. Remember when you finally asked Mom to tell me to enter STAN,1 day before you fell and sent to hospital while you actually knew my dream was UI since I was 4 years old.... But see,I am here now,exactly in the place you suddenly wanted at that time. Remember how warm you hugged me when I had a nightmare of ‘topeng scream’ and could not sleep for 1 hour,but then I came to your room,you hugged me,prayed,then I fell asleep tightly in your hands. Remember Christmas time we spent together in Church,and new year tradition we always did;’saling bermaaf-maafan. Last new year with you was 2011 and did not know why we all were so sad and cried when we prayed... Yes it was the last precious new year time with you. Remember when you regularly came to my school when I was in Elementary School because I always got the first rank in class,and you were so proud of me. Remember when you said that your pray for me in Province English Debate Selection was that I would be the winner but I said it was impossible since I had never joined such a competition,but then my team got the 2nd position.... Remember when....... Remember when.......

Remember when we spent our time talking about life and how you were so thankful and said that Jesus was really good.....
.. Remember when you said that you would live in my own house with Mom when you both got old.... When you said that you would be so happy in my wedding day... Remember when you walked to my room at night,just to make sure if I had slept or not,then I was pretending to sleep and you would stare at me for some minutes and then closed the door..... Remember all those sweet moments..
...................................................................................................................................................................

“You don’t know what you’ve got,till the love is almost gone. This time he’s given up. Still in the state of shock, I should've seen it coming on. It's too late for waking up. His mind's made up. I know the dream is over,but my heart just can't let go. He's too good to be forgotten,too good to be true. Before my world is torn apart.I'll promise him the moon.
I was too blind to notice him,wrapped up in myself,workin' hard overtime, night and day.I thought we were so secure,can't imagine someone else could come between us,and take you away”
..................................................................................................................................................................

We were born,we live,and we gotta die someday.  Nothing is permanent. You can not make people you love stay forever. You can not exchange your life to save people you love. It was hard,but life must go on. I miss the past,but I can not live in it.
.................................................................................................................................................................

God saw he was getting tired,and a cure was not to be
So He put His arms around him,and whispered “Come with Me”...
With tear-filled eyes I watched him fade away
Although I love him deeply,I can not make him stay
...............
A golden heart stopped beating
Hard-working hands now put to rest
God broke my heart to prove to me
He only takes the best.

Till you return to the ground,for out of it you were taken;for dust you are,and to dust you shall return” (Genesis 3:19).

Closed eyes, heart not beating, but a living love.
Thank you,Big Daddy.
Forever in love with you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment